In high school maybe you were in Advanced Calculus Trigonometry Algebra or whatever, and were all pumped for the upcoming Math tournament. Maybe it was Auto Shop and you didn't care about the grease or how many keys that hung from your belt loop. Or maybe you were the cheerleader with entirely too much energy and massive amounts of team spirit. Now, I get it. There is a level of joy that comes to you when you love something so much that you just don't care if anyone else gets it. Infact, you start to feel sorry for the poor shmoes that don't. Which brings us to current because I just got back from the So You Think You Can Dance Tour Concert. That's right, and it was...AWW-some! Joy, joy and more joy. It was a complete blast to see the top ten in person and watching some of our favorite routines live. I had a blast with Stacy, Xela and Beth, and remember, SYTYCD 09...we need to work on backstage passes. We found security to be annoyingly tight.
Before a huge event it's always a good idea to carbo load. Now, technically, we weren't the ones doing the cardio, but we needed our strength for screaming,cheering and getting up and down at regular intervals.
Twitch and Kerrington rocking a (as Nigel would say) Tabither and Napoleon routine:) Sorry for the poor picture quality...we even had good seats, so I'm super bummed my camera was having issues.
Ahh, the suitcase routine by my favs Chelsea and Mark. So so cool to see it performed live. I have YouTube video of it from the show here.
My video of Comfort and Mark's hip hop turned out fuzzy.So for anyone who cares, you can watch it from the actual show here.
A picture of Twitch, just for Lauren:)
Katie and this year's winner...Joshua. Actually saw his dad at intermission and made a nerd of myself by waving and saying, "Oh, hi Josh's dad!" True story unfortunately.
Look for more crazy meets fun meets obsession around Nov. 21st...
9 comments:
i just tried to post and it wouldn't so if it shows up twice just know that i'm not a total dork. i'm going to have to get on the ball next year and take my love for this show to the next level.
How fun!!! Looks like you had a blast with the girls!!
Oh, the goodness of this night!! Where is our 'Chris the Tree' picture and the story of us meeting the 'celebrity' of the night!! Matt thinks we are out of our minds by the way..what else is new, right? :)
Looks like a lot of fun, screaming, carbs, dancing... in your chair. I can not say I share the same obsessions especially when it comes to dance, however, I can relate to your intro at the top of this post... 2 words, Disney fanatic. BTW, 11/21... Your obsession must be for Turkey... No? Family bonding? ...humm, is it that it is getting close to my B-day? No that can't be it... I am stumped... Oh wait, does it have something to do with that counter thing at the top of your Blog? :-)
sounds so fun! my husband and i were totally into that show, too. cried when joshua won, yes i did. :)
Girrrrrrl, you are super cool! I love it!
beth, i have permission to post the outrages scandalous tree-chris-leg warmers picture???? i thought that was supposed to get buried in the archives somewhere!!
mezo-i love the disney obsession, i learn so much from it!!that has to be hours upon hours of research, no??
Ha HA I was looking for the holding Beth's leg picture Stacy told me about!! Or maybe she didn't like the picture of HER because we all know that, that is what EVERY picture is about is if STACY looks good right!!?? HA Looks like a fun night!
It was a GREAT night,so much fun. (even though I was sick the whole night totally worth it!) Serioulsy where is the picture with the leg warmers! :)
Post a Comment