Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Leg Warmer Story by popular demand (make sure the kids are in bed, it's scandalous!)

Okay, by popular request, I must add on to my SYTYCD night with the story of Beth in her leg warmers and our run in with a D list celebrity. I thought I was banned from posting it, but I have to give the public what it wants...here's the backstory. At intermission I went to buy a shirt to help document the night. Beth was just there for moral support but as we drew closer in the line I spotted these amazing leg warmers and told her she would look adorably fantastic in them. I potentially have a future in sales, because I totally convinced her. It was clearly the right choice because she instantly became wild leg warmer woman and wanted to put them on and pose in them.

As we were leaving, Stacy spotted one of the booted top 20 contestants, Chris, who I'm sure is a super great person, but Nigel would always comment that he had the personality of a tree. Somehow I kept getting nominated to flag him down for a picture, but ultimately it was Stacy yelling, "Hey Chris! Can we get a picture??!" that caught his attention. In a blind leg warmer frenzy, Beth gave Chris her leg to help show off her new purchase. Tree or no tree, you have to hand it to him that he didn't even flinch when given the leg. What can we say, we're moms, we said goodbye to our pride along time ago! Fun night ladies!

17 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

at least there's no front any longer...people will know who I truly am...is it possible to have a leg warmer hangover...;)

texaswilliams said...

That is so funny!! I will go ahead and set an appt. with the Bishop for you Beth!!

Love to you all.
and YES Stacy it is a good picture of you.........That is the most important thing!!

Anonymous said...

I'm here to attest that all of the above is true! We DID have a fantastic time; We DID scream, yell, jump out of seats and act like banshees; Beth IS a wild woman and she DOES need a meeting with the Bishop; Xela had a horrible cold, but she DID NOT let that stop her; I WAS the one that yelled down Chris (aka THE TREE) because everyone else is a wuss; and Melanie IS the best blog writer around. PLUS - I'm FINALLY ON THE BLOG!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

This is just classic. I LOVE it! It must have been hot in there...Chris is sporting some sweat rings in his pits. I just had to point that out to everyone. :)

Stacy - I'm so proud of you...you visited Mel's blog AND commented. It's progress...we're all proud.

Lovin' the leg warmers. I remember wearing those back in "the day." That and layered socks in bright colors. The 80s are back folks.

Oh, and Mel, you left out a very important letter in a word. It's the letter "L" and with it missing, it really changes the meaning of the word completely. Let me know if you need help finding the word. ;)

Melanie said...

ahh, lo! good editing skills! that is a lesson for me to always read back over my posts! geesh.
wish you had been there:)
stacy?? is that you? on my blog and leaving a comment?? i need to go recover from the shock...kay, i'm back, yeah! come around and comment more!
stacey, you might as well hold off on making the appt till after we get back from NY!

texaswilliams said...

OK...I will hold off. Make sure you let loose in NY. After that it is sainthood for you Sisters!!

Xela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xela said...

Okay, not sure which I liked reading more this post or all the comments! It was a FUN night, even being sick and with no voice to yell I had a blast! I hope you guys have the best time in NY I so wish I was going with ya! :) And Stacy B when are you going to visit the rest of our blogs???

Jamie Anderson said...

That's it! I'm moving back to Texas so I can come have fun with you! O and I think you guys made that Chris dude nervous because he is sweatin like CraZy!!

Melanie said...

i know gross right?? my friend raleen sent me a copy of the picture where she photoshoped the sweat out, but i forgot to update it. yes, please move back already!

Amy C said...

That's hot!
And you go girl - reading Freakonomics!

The Sandoval Family said...

I need to move to Texas and somehow make my way into your circle of friends. Plus I must comment on the fact that you blinked in that picture with Chris and your friends. DO you still do that all the time in pictures??? haha

Melanie said...

Yes, ALL the time! it's so irritating, why do i do that?? and i'm totally loving the moving to texas idea. it's 79 degrees right now if that helps motivate you:) miss you!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

14 comment!! I think that's a Blog high for you, isn't it? All I can say is...Your Welcome...anytime you need any good PR for your blog, just post one of our crazy nights!

Unknown said...

Love the fact that you and your friends are crazy. Trying to plan a highschool girls reunion in chicago soon...you up for it?

Melanie said...

i'm totally up for it! when???