First of all, investment. Instead of needing several extra million laying around, it's usually just like 20 bucks, if not free, and well, you need a computer but we bought one about 10 years ago, so that's basically paid for itself.
Second, any old lazy millionaire can own an actual sports team. How difficult is that? It takes real charisma to get players from multiple and opposing teams to agree to play for you.
Now, the pay isn't all that great, but don't forget how rewarding it is to watch 5 games at a time in order to keep up with how the "team" is doing. And thanks to exciting programs such as NFL Ticket and MLB Season pass offered by our satellite provider, we're never out of touch with what's going on.
Other reality based owners take the time and expense of flying in private jets to watch their teams. No luxury box for us. No way, we enjoy staying at home and having 3 TVs on, while simultaneously working the Internet and phone lines.
Also, if you are reality based, you typically own only one sports team. Please. We are the proud owners of several teams, in whatever sport is in season. That way the fun gets to be year round.
Now, some might read this and think that it is laced with a heavy dose of sarcasm. That I'm infact NOT excited for the "draft" every year. That I might even think Fantasy owners are slightly delusional and tend to hog the TV and Internet on the weekends. And while all of those speculations may very well be true, I can't deny the pride I feel as owner's wife when his faux team does well. And I'd like to think that if the players on our team knew they were on our team, they would be proud too.
12 comments:
I love, love, love the latest quotes from your kids! Maybe Justin can call me sometime and teach me how to set parental controls! So where did Justin obtain his technology saviness from since we now know you and rhett do not possess any?
I'm out here in left field, wondering who's next at bat, clueless as to what a Fantasy Football team would be. I am also wondering why my team keeps going to the dugout seven times every game, leaving me out here with the other team. Who knows this kind of stuff? I think I'd rather be inline skating.
me too brickman, me too...
Before I was married, I had a roommate who was an avid fantasy, whatever the season, owner. He would use my TV as well as his and the house one... very annoying. I did find ways to enjoy myself during the draft pick. Sarcasm, as you have already discovered is a lot of fun, especially since the owner has to take it... they usually will not deny their obsession. Second, I usually got free food from him, use of his truck, and a very subservient roommate. When it comes to sports however, I am in right field, opposite Brickman, watching to see what he is going to do, so I can follow his lead.
Brian is getting into the fantasy football this year for the first time. My friend Sarah and I decided that while our guys are glued to their tvs, computers and phones during EVERY football game that we will spend our time shopping. Seems pretty even to me.
yes, i have found that sarcasm, (as pointed out by jonathan)definatley helps in that it is fun. and i think the saying goes: if you can't beat them, and you don't want to join them, tease them mercilessly...i'm paraphrasing of course...love the shopping angle steph. we should construct our fantasy shopping team. we could come home with our favorite players: gucci, coach...
Hilarious videos, great post - what sarcasm??! When will you be the proud mother of a team owner??
oh i'm there baby! this is justin's first year with a team! ahhh!!!
No Way! You're in a bad way sista!
Wow. So glad my husband is NOT a complete sports freak. LOVE the sarcasm and think you blogs are halarious in general. Is that seriously the logo for Fantasy Football? GAY!!
Usually your comment thing does not work for me...so this is hoping.
Did you get my vm the other day?
Crap! i totally forgot you called the other day, I'll call tomorrow.and no, that is a funny tshirt logo i found. another attempt at sarcasm.
Post a Comment