
Pizza or not pizza? That is the question. Alright, so this is not going to be as profound as Shakespeare, but there is a debate. The other night, while attending another stellar 7 Car Pile Up show at Central Market, I ordered the basil pesto artichoke, mushroom, olive with feta cheese pizza. Upon seeing it, my brother Daniel looked about as disgusted as if I had been eating food out of a dumpster or something.
"That is not pizza!"
"Yes it is!"
"No, no it's not."
Eyeing Jackson's boring old cheese pizza he's all, "THAT is pizza! Pizza should never be green, and what is that on top, curdled yogurt??"
It's not my fault he has the unrefined palate of a college student where the only requirement for pizza is that there be a lot of it.
Let's put it to a vote shall we?
26 comments:
Sorry Mel... but I might have to go with Daniel on this one. I do like Spinach on pizza occasionally, but artichoke and feta cheese is where I'd draw the line.
Its not easy being green but I love it!
although i do like the ingredients of the green pizza, i don't think that's the most flattering picture for the artichoke etc. pizza. based on looks i'm with dan.
I'm going to have to throw in with Dan on this one. It's not a good idea to mess with the natural order of things. It's best to stick with the basics when eating pizza. A good combination plate would have been a better choice.
GO GREEN!!
My mouth was watering just to hear what was on the green.... do you have any idea how much better it is for you.. and it tastes better too! Save a slice for me!!
Green is gross.
I have to agree with dad, the combo pizza is about as far green as you want to go. Any further and calling it a pizza is just fraud.
I think this is the type you would call "gourmet pizza." I think if you say "gourmet," you can get away with putting all kinds of non-traditional toppings on it. Don't you agree?
AND...if it's made on a pizza crust & sliced in way so as to make it possible to pick up to eat, would it not be considered pizza?
Obviously, I'm with you Mel!
By the way, I think it sounds yummy!
I'm with you Mel, that pizza is yummy...which, btw, college students probably think that pizza covered with cinnamon & sugar is considered PIZZA, so why not mushrooms, basil pesto, and feta cheese...
Looks awesome...I've seen people order that before & have always wanted to steal a slice.
I say bring on the green!
I'm sorry my BFF, but the picture makes it look like it used to be pizza - like in a past life. I'm not sure Central Markets' marketing department will be too pleased with the shot. Don't answer the phone if their lawyers call!
Order me one of those next time, but skip the mushrooms :o) I think pizza is ANYTHING on top of a thin piece of dough!! :o)
Love the green pizza YUM! Some people just don't like to venture out and try new stuff...there is so much yummy things out there that you would not expect.
On the bright side, you would get your dosage of penicillin... thwarting off any infections... Green... Mold... Get it? Anyone? I hear you breathing out there!
penicillin?! lol, nice way to refer to my delicious pizza! the vote is not nearly the landslide i invisioned..
Can I vote twice since I'm allergic to penicillin?
it is not mold! it's basil pesto--oh never mind...
Wow, allergic to penicillin, you better not eat any of Melanie's pizza, judging by the picture, I would say it is at least 3 weeks old and full of mold. ;-)
ha! oh ok that's fine, you guys go ahead and eat your "normal" pizza, while I will be fortified against all illness since i'll be eating my antibiotic pizza!
Go Green!
Tomato sauce, pesto sauce, alfredo sauce...
New York style, Pizza al taglio, Chicago style, California style...
Anchovies, feta, eggs (think florentine), bacon...
...whatever you think tastes good. Pizza is a cooking medium where anything goes!
Eat the green with pride! (And feel free to look down on all those who have less refined palettes than your own!)
Yes! The voice of reason, thank you!!:)
Yummy basil pestocillin pizza
What else would you expect from the environmentalist hippie who surfs for a living... Next he will be sprinkling it with sandalwood, give me red with Polar bear topping and a dash of Basil Pestocillin. Yum! Don't worry Andy, I will eat your pestocillin, knowing you can't have any. :-)
lol! polar bear topping?? that made me dry heave a little.. hey, have you had alan's creps? the man knows of what he speaks! pestocillin..we are murdering this poor pizza, lol! central market is going to HATE me...
I'm right there with you girl! I love the green pizza!
Yes, I had them the same morning you did, although it was not as early. :-)
Post a Comment