Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baseball, Best Buds, and just general Shenanigans


Oh brother! My brother Daniel that is. Uncle Daniel to the kids and he might as well be a celebrity as far as they are concerned. It's always a party when D is around and the Ranger game was no exception. He will be sorely missed when he goes back to school this weekend. What will we do without his antics, and where will my kids learn crazy, silly and at times slightly inappropriate phrases? You rock, we're going to be missin you big time.



Rain and hot dogs seems to be a running theme and therefore tradition. Jackson is demonstrating how one eats a hot dog and dances simultaneously. It's harder than it looks.



I really have no theme for the next few pictures except that I found them to be very cute and fun. This is Jackson's BFF Aiden. If you think I'm making assumptions here, you should know that I have heard conversations that go like this:
"Do you want to come over to my house best buddy?"
"Yes! Let's play video games best buddy!"
"Yeah! Best buddies! Best buddies!..."(hugging and jumping up and down)
And to think I thought I only had naked bath pictures as future blackmail...

Of all available baby toys in the house that flash, beep and talk to you, this is his favorite. Go figure.

Jackson is still Sports Apprentice status, but is moving up quickly in the ranks.

How in the world do I have a 2nd and 4th grader?! I informed them that it just wasn't possible and to not come out of their rooms until they came out their correct ages of 4 and 2. Eventually I had to come to grips with reality and let them get on with their first day of school.

Hannah had some anxiety about the first day so Rhett said he would take them to school, walk her into her classroom, get her settled...He reports that after walking about 5 steps into the school she spotted some of her girlfriends and immediatley ran up to them talking and giggling and did manage to turn and wave to her dad as she dashed off with her pals to class. 7 and a half or 15? You decide.

4 comments:

the letter "J" said...

Does it not just seem like last week that WE were doing the first day of school thing? Laying out our clothes on an invisible, flat "us" on the floor, or was I the only one that had a well dressed imaginary person on their floor?

Melanie said...

oh i think we ALL have done that!:)

Jamie Anderson said...

Hannah looks so Cute! Man, I really miss those guys. And you too!

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

i cannot believe how old hannah and justin are! i can still remember justin's 3rd b-day party and all that craziness and now he's how old?????? i love his comment about planning to be a good student. he's got it all figured out!