Thursday, August 28, 2008

I turned 1, what did you do today?


I feel like my family is aboard the Starship Enterprise and we are constantly cruising at warp speed. (Yes, I know, my geek is showing.) But how else do I explain that my baby is already 1?

This being his first birthday there were some notable hitches. Firstly that when we started to sing Happy Birthday to him he must have thought we were shouting at him and very quickly went to hysterics. Maybe we were just really off key, but he wasn't a fan.

I'm just of the opinion that it is not your birthday until you get to sit on the table and eat cake with your hands. (Needless to say my 30th birthday was somewhat of a spectacle.) He wasn't quite sure what to make of it and at first just starred at us like we had all gone and lost our minds. First the horrible yelling at him, and now suddenly he's on the table with a plate of white stuff with all of us starring at him.

But he's a quick study..




Happy Birthday Drew! You bring us an unspeakable amount of joy with your happy demeanor, contagious laugh and your gi-normous sweet spirit that somehow is contained in this chubby little body. Love you buddy.

13 comments:

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

i could just eat him up! he is so darn cute.

the letter "J" said...

So cute!! I'm just wondering when you are going to post "your" version of sitting on the table and eating cake??? It is crazy how fast time does fly, I wish I could freeze Delia at 2 months forever!!

Jamie Anderson said...

Awww, I miss my little man! He looks so cute. I can't wait for Ellie to meet him. His hair looks lighter now?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!

stina said...

What a cutie!! Happy Birthday, Drew!! And I like the eating on the table idea. That's sounds like a must, at least for first birthdays....

The Brickman said...

Now this is one guy that knows what to do with a birthday cake. He is very handsome.

Melanie said...

kristina, lol!, are you trying to tactfully tell me that I'm getting to old to be on tables with handfuls of cake?? aww man....

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Drew!!! You are adorable!!!

Amy C said...

Happy Birthday, little Drew! Sorry you got a family that sings off key, but otherwise they're pretty fabulous!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday big guy!! Looks like you had a blast and I guess your mom is still waiting to post her 30th birthday pics on the table! I do slightly remember my 21st birthday party which involved me sitting on a table with people writing all over me with high liters...oh good times.

Melanie said...

i think i have destroyed all the originals, but there might be the negatives somewhere...;)

Xela said...

Happy Birthday Drew, Where did the year go? Love that sweet little baby!

Lauren said...

Awww, I just can't believe he's one! Happy birthday Drew! He's just so "edible." There really is no other word. (Especially when he's covered in frosting). :)

Anonymous said...

SooxSpoms http://buy-mobic.wikidot.com http://buy-silagra.wikidot.com http://comprare-cialis.wikidot.com SooxSpoms