Every once in awhile you have a lightening bolt moment as a mom. And since anyone who reads my blog could verify that I've had my fair share of "um, duh!" moments, I'm happy to report that my latest idea has turned out really fun. We have a closet under the stairs (very Harry Potter-Esq) which holds junk we have been too lazy to take up to the attic for the past 4 years. Rhett's parents have a space under their stairs that every summer the kids turn into their "clubhouse." They have so much fun with it, we hardly see them for two weeks. So it dawns on me, "hey, we have a space under the stairs too. Why not turn it into a clubhouse?" I recruited my mega-artistically talented brother Eric to transform the space and within 1 minute he had an amazing vision for the it. And within another 5 hours of work from him, an hour trip to Target to deck it out, and about 30 seconds for the kids to make it their own, we now have air conditioned entertainment up in here.
Before...
After...
18 comments:
Amazing! Great idea Melanie! (And Eric!)
That looks great. I wonder what he could do for my closet under the stairs...a cold winter scene????
Very cool! And Eric's work is impressive!
How cute. When Ellie is big enough can she come over and play in it! Eric did an awesome job!
Super cute!! We have a place like that too, but unfortunately it also has exposed insulation, not so kid friendly! :o)
Wow, what a fun space! BTW: Our bill was sky-high, too!!
You are incredible! Extreme makeovers are SO fun! Wish we had a place we could paint... I'd have Eric come over and do a beach scene!!... then I wouldn't have to beg Andy to take me every weekend! :)
A/C bills....hmmm... I REALLY love our little 2 bedroom apartment right about now!!
it looks even better in person, let me tell you!! I'm glad the kids are actually enjoying it!! (and not just ignoring it for video games:) )
What a great idea & your brother did a great job!
A/C bills...ugh!!! You would be horrified at what we had to pay last month in our little 2000 sq. ft. house...it might make you feel better though about what you paid in your big house....($300!!!)
I'm glad you shared this idea...if we ever move into a 2-story, I'll remember this.
don't i know it, what is going on this summer? usually we get a 500 dollar bill for august, but it was already 6-- for july. i'll be opening august's bill with much fear!!
Hey!!!
I LOVE under the stairs. I want to do something like that, but where will I put all the stuff??????? I have GOT to figure this out!
this is awesome!! Too bad I use my under-the-stairs spot for storage! I love what you did!
Wow, wow, wow!!! That's Brilliant, Lanie!!!! And well done, Eric - he's amazing!
wow! it looks really good! hey i was wondering if you knew the lady in your ward who was in charge of the berry order. she lives on your street. just around the conner. instead of heading to you house on you road you take a left and go around the street and she is right on the left in a single story house that is red brick. i was just wondering when i order would be in since my check was cashed. if you don know her name and phone number can you email it to me tinkerbell76266@yahoo.com
i would be so apperciative!!!
are you guys kidding $500-$600 dollars? Ours was $350 and I though that was a lot!........I LOVE This idea! It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I wish I could do that, under my stairs is our pantry wich I find all three of the kids in very frequently with the door closed and helping themselves to whatever snacks they can find.
i don't get how we seem to be double everyone. we're even higher than launa's house, and she probably has 1000 more square feet than i do. i don't get it. not fair.
looks amazing! great idea mamma! hmmm...i need to figure out a hideout for my children...or maybe just me!
Wow great idea, I love that you had so much fun with it and that is any childs dream Super cool Mel.
Post a Comment