Monday, August 4, 2008

"Love me; love my obsession"

Don't worry, No spoilers, yet...

I finished this amazing final book in the Twilight Saga this morning and can't wait to give you my review of it. But since I know I'm a little mental with this series, I realize there are many who have not yet finished. (i.e. people who are killin me!! lol!) So I will hold off for a week or so before my review but thought I would update on our fun (and exhausting) Midnight release party for the book. Let me just say that when we first planned to attend the release party, we were just focused on getting our precious book, and having fun with our geeky side by ordering some sa-weet Twilight shirts. (Ours were "Die hard Twihard) We did not take into account that we would A: be on the far side of tame compared to what some came dressed in. Wow. And B: We are not 19 anymore. After a heavy Italian meal, we were all ready to go to bed, not stand in a massive line for an hour and a half. But,we endured, had fun laughing at people, and in the end walked away winners with our brand new shiny 750 page book.
I'm pretty sure all our husbands thought there would be like 10 of us at Barnes & Noble and that we were totally lame. When I left the house in my Twihard shirt, I swear I saw a flash of recognition in Rhett's eyes. An unspoken admission that he now believed himself to be a whole lot cooler than me.

Look for my review next week. You hear me all who are not yet finished, a week!


First, an amazing Italian dinner at Brio's where we all were able to speculate and discuss what we thought was (or sometimes, what better!) happen in Breaking Dawn.



I wish I would have snapped some pictures of some real crazies. It took too much time figuring out where the end of the line was. No joke.

Only 5 of our group actually stayed, armed with the necessary pre-ordered wristbands, to get the book at midnight. Thankfully for our entertainment, the B&N staff passed out a Twilight quiz to test our knowledge and pass the time. Didn't really help with the time factor. It was just late and a very long line. But we found our Twilight Saga recall superior. No surprises there. Had so much fun girls!

7 comments:

stina said...

Guess I should have checked your blog before I emailed! But, I've finished the book so I'm ready for your review! Bring it on!

Xela said...

Give me a few more days, I'm trying to get it finished but my darn family will not coorperate! Had such a great time on Saturday. I know our hubbies think we are CRAZY! I just like to let him know that I am the "fun one" in this relationship! :) Looking forward to book club and talking more about this awesome book!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

yay!! I'm going to have to copy some of these pictures. . I only got 1 of the WHOLE Evening!! This last one, I think you can totally tell that it was about 12:45 AM!! We were definitely the HOTTEST in the line!! haha, I don't know some of those wedding dresses gave us a run for our money!!

Amy C said...

Waaa, waaa, can't believe I was off in the 16th century and missed it. Glad you had the experience though!

Unknown said...

how fun!! i was there too! but it was so busy i am sorry i didnt get to see you there!

Unknown said...

looks like fun. i can hardly find the time to read a one page devotional everyday. how do you do it?

Melanie said...

well first, you have to get a great book. that helps, cuz then you just plain make the time for it. my favorite reading time starts at like 8:30 when the kids are either in bed or being taken care of by rhett. i hop in bed with no cares and just read and read...i'll also use drew's nap time to take an hour to read while the other kids do their own thing. i just love it, so i squeeze it in whenever i can.