Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Insanity is hereditary: You can get it from your children." -Sam Levinson

The whole system is breaking down. I'm not even sure when it happened, but the last couple of days have shown me that I have lost total control. I'm on the computer and while distracted Hannah shoves this paper in my face saying, "sign this, sign this!" I almost do cuz I'm not paying full attention and just want to stop the racket. A second before I do I think to say, "why am I signing this again?"
Hannah:"It's a contract."
Me: "But there are no words, it's only two lines."
Hannah: "Don't worry about that. You sign, I'll write out what it's for later."
Am I raising a future mob lawyer or what?

In the meanwhile, Jackson has taken to calling me "girlfriend" as of late. Everything is, "Oh no you didn't girlfriend!" or "Can I wear my hat, girlfriend." "Where are my chicken nuggets girlfriend?" I keep thinking: is he serious with this??

Drew is a baby obsessed. I'm not sure why it's with my pink cell phone, but it is. He hunts it. He knows where I charge it and goes and gets it. If he finds my charger cord, but no phone on it he whines. If i charge it up on the counter, he pulls the cord until the phone falls down. I can no longer toggle down on my phone which I'm sure is because it is short circuted with baby drool.



My sanity comes in the form of my 10 year old, Justin. I highly recommend that everyone have a 10 year old. They are fabulous. He helps save Drew from himself, plays video games with Jackson to help keep him happy, and let's me know ahead of time of the more devious of Hannah's schemes before she has a chance to impliment them. Although, not to be left out of the kid loop he did just inform me very rationally that he feels he needs an Xbox 360 because Madden 09 for the Wii is "getting horrible reviews". Again, I'm not sure when I lost the control, but clearly I have. (Probably sometime while I was holed up reading Breaking Dawn, but it could have been sooner. )


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens to the best of us!!

Alan said...

Hilarious! But one question remains...did you sign the "contract"? :)

Jamie Anderson said...

so what was the contract? That Jackson cracks me up!

Melanie said...

i never signed because she never would tell me what she was going to make it for! i mean, hello?, what was she planning?!

Anonymous said...

SO funny! Love the mob lawyer.

I agree about the 10 year old, Cody is 9...close enough. Last night, as I was trying to get all 3 kids to bed, he tells me, "Mom, I have been watching you and I was wondering if there was anything I could get done for you around the house...just to help out?" Yeah, it was that bad around here...even a 9 year old boy could see I was struggling!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

what are you talking about. . .your kids are nothing but innocent! Love them to death!

Amy C said...

I'm sorry girlfriend, I think you have lost control...The question is when (Recently? Really?) Oh, and nice U2 song - timely much?!!

Shelley said...

Okay, what was the contract for, and did you sign it?

Shelley said...

nevermind, you answered the question. Way to stay on top of it mom, that was a close call!!

JenJ said...

Gotta love you Mel!!! You always make me smile.

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

Do all these occurances have anything to do with Daniel's recent return to TX? I remember Justin calling everyone in the family "psychopath" after spending some quality time with uncle Daniel.