(How would you like to be the Event Coordinator for this thing?? "Kay, cue the people falling out of the sky now... Roger that")The MC for the night, Glenn Beck, said that the Stadium of Fire was the largest Freedom Festival held in the world. I have to say it was amazing, inspiring, fun and a reminder to me how blessed I am to live in a country made free by people I will never know, who love God and country above all else.
Jumper Video
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." - Thomas Paine
And oh my gosh, it's MILEY CYRUS! I apologize for the not so high quality photos. It was dark and crazy lighting, and my kodak was working it's hardest. To say that Hannah and her cousin Lexie were excited for seeing Miley Cyrus would be about the understatement of the century. They decked themselves out in Hannah Montana attire and rocked out to all the songs. Rhett came along initially because he didn't trust my night vision nor navigation skills to get me and the girls home in one piece. At first I was officially offended, but in the end totally relieved he knows me well. It was a nightmare getting parked and then home. The paper said 250,000 people alone were in Provo outside the stadium to watch the fireworks. Despite her over usage of the words "excited" and "awesome" I thought Miley did great and it was fun to see the girls have such a good time.
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle." - George William Curtis
7 comments:
Wish I could have been there (for the first part!) It looks like it was moving.
And I'm so EXCITED for Hannah that she was able to go to such an AWESOME concert!!!
I've never been to Stadium of Fire, and after reading your post I am officially jealous. It sounded so cool!
So fun! I bet you are the rockstar mom for taking Hannah! I'm glad she was worth the $1,000,000 provo paid to bring her out!
wow. you are in the big time now girlfriend. i hope you broke out those dance moves at the concert!!
i am also glad that the 8 year old told you what was going on before one of those guys landed on your head!
Looks like so much fun! And yes you are the best mom to go out in the crazy sea of young girls and props to Rhett for braving it as well!
That was one coveted show!!! I am SO glad you went! Thanks for sharing the pics! And I LOVE the Youtube at the end of the clapping for the soldiers. I cry every time I see it and when I go here to our airport to cheer for them.
The last stadium of fire I went to, Donny Osmond came down in a helicopter and landed on the field.....they've come a long way.
Are you still at the stadium?? Where's a new post?
Post a Comment