Take one LDS family, times multiple instruments, divided by musical talent and the love of folk/rock music and what do you get? If you said the Osmonds, try again my friends! Try the amazing 7 car pile up. My dad's band was playing another gig at the local Central Market Cafe Friday night. Downhearted that he could not be there, my brother Will calls me up and instructs me that somehow I must get some video footage of the night. For some reason Central Market "discourages" people taking pictures and so I would have to assume...video. My instructions were to be ninja like in my stealthness, maybe create some sort of platform with a subtle covering where my camera would go unnoticed. We ran over several possible scenarios. As it turned out, I had a major headache that night and a really long mom day, so I sat myself front and center with my camera and put off a vibe that dared anyone to stop me. Much to my suprise, it worked!, much to my disappointment after all that: my camera was almost dead. Such is life. Soooo, I only got a couple snippets. Sorry Will!! I have failed in the way of the ninja, the first step in always being prepared. Wait...maybe that's the Boy Scouts. In any event, Caroline and Michael both had solo's and they all performed to a packed house. None more devoted than their miniuture groupies who always sit front and center. Hours of band practice paid off and then some, they rocked it once again!
6 comments:
So fun, love it, love it!!
I'm so sad I missed it! I'm there next time. . .there is some major talent there!
I love listening to them. It was so cool when they came to our harvest fest. I wish I had known about this event.
Thanks Mel!
I wish I could have been there...it was so fun last time they played. Bart was gone & I just didn't have it in me to go out alone with the kids.
Your little bro can really sing, Mel!
Hey Mel - why were't you up there rocking out?
How cool for a family to be a band together! My next project is to learn how to play the guitar!
Post a Comment