Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tivo: The greatest gift I ever gave myself

So with Tivo I find myself hardly ever watching commericals. I also find that I am involved in conversations about current world events where I'm nodding my head alot, not quite sure of what everyone's talking about. Consequently, if you want to ever know who won survivor, or who got voted off Idol, well see, I'm your girl. When you only watch what's on your playlist, and sometimes several days after it actually aired, you find that you hardly watch "live" tv anymore. People start talking about a show I haven't watched yet and I have to start covering my ears and yelling, 'I haven't watched it yet, don't talk about it!" Yes, i'm one of those. It's obnoxious, I know. Sometimes I'll notice a news promo as I'm fast forwarding and go back to watch it thinking, "Wow, I need to watch the news tonight, find out what's going on with that.." only to realize about 15 seconds later that that intriguing piece of news happend 5 days ago. These relatively small problems do not out weigh how much i love my Tivo. I just need to maybe start tivo-ing the news so I don't appear so clueless. I had to watch a show online the other day since "nobody" stopped one of my recordings to watch the Discovery Kids channel. Anyways, maybe I haven't watch enough commericals lately, but this one kept coming on in the little breaks they have online and I kept laughing at it. It just got funnier and funnier. And since this is my blog, I can inflict anything I find humorus on all of you. It's funny, give it a chance.

6 comments:

the letter "J" said...

WAY TOO FUNNY!! This is TOTALLY me too. I'll catch some news clip and think hello you guys that happened a few days ago and then remember that that is when (fill in the blank) was recorded! Amen SISTA but you are right, the TIVO has more pros than cons!

Amy C said...

Oops sorry! "Nobody" must have left my house and moved into yours. No need to send him/her back, though.

Xela said...

This is so true, this season I was watching Dancing with the Stars and saw a preview for Samantha Who....I kept thinking I am going to watch that (it comes on right after dancing) well I realized that it was on the day before and I missed it, it happened several times before I thought, hey I can tivo that show....duh!

The Sandoval Family said...

I really need a tivo! I'm a huge tv fan like you and so it makes me think I might become the ultimate couch potato if I get one. But then on the other hand I realize I'll actually be watching less tv since there will be no commercials. AND I can watch my shows once the kids have gone to bed and spend more quality time with them. At least this is the sales pitch I'm going to give Brian when I ask him for one for my birthday. Anything else I should add in there?

Melanie said...

steph, you need to tell him how much tivo will benefit HIM as well. you have to appeal to his sports sensibilities. tell him to imagine never missing a game, slow motion, he can rewind any play he wants to see over again. he can pause live tv and listen attentively to you and then go back to the game instead of acting like he is temporarily deaf. I had to talk rhett into it 6 years ago. now we have 4, and he claims total credit for the idea and doesn't now how we ever lived without it!

Lauren said...

I love being able to just watch the show I want to, with no commercials! It's so great!

That commercial is funny! It's like us, taking pictures of our kids.