This one seems very Homer-esq. "Chocolate cake...awwwwwglll.."
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Let Them Eat Cake
If things seem to be flowing too well in the morning, that should be your first sign that they really aren't. After a late girls night (see below post) I wasn't firing on all cylinders the next morning. The fact that Jackson announced that he had dressed himself made me happy that I could use that extra time to lay back down and sleep. I knew I needed to get him breakfast and make his lunch for preschool, but he was being so good and quiet and I thought if I could just get 10 more minutes, life would be great. I don't know if I need to expound any more, the photos below pretty much tell the story. Upon waking I stumbled across this scene! Apparently the left over cake sitting in the cake dome seemed like the obvious choice for breakfast. What's slightly more sad about the whole ordeal is that because my brain thinks in blogging language now, my second reaction after, "what the--?" was to grab the camera so I could blog it. And thirdly sad is that the cake did end up being his breakfast, and just to round out my mother of the year morning...you know how I was so relieved he had dressed himself so I could go back to sleep? Getting him out of the car I noticed he had his pants on backwards. If you look at the pictures you can actually see what I overlooked. I expect my medal to arrive in the mail any day now.

This one seems very Homer-esq. "Chocolate cake...awwwwwglll.."
This one seems very Homer-esq. "Chocolate cake...awwwwwglll.."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh that's just too funny! I love it! Except his questionable choice in shirts (just kidding...maybe). :) Yeah, maybe our girl party ran a little late. Oh well, we sure had fun!
you crack me up miss University of Utah girl!
Yeah, for cake for breakfast! Oh, to be 3 years old and not worry about all my calories gone for the day in one meal! :)
I think Jackson totally pulls off the 'Kriss Kross' Look! Yeah for the 90's!
Kris Kross!?! That is a flash from the past, love it!
ha ha! I find myself doing thinking in the same "blog language"..is something funny or out of the ordinary happening that I can put on my blog? This was definitely one of those times! I'm sure he's thinking he SCORED getting away with actually being ALLOWED to eat cake for breakfast!! Shhhhh....it will be our little secret. The CPS never has to know!
I'm right there with you girl. that seems like a pretty normal occurance around my house. I love that he seems to be enjoying it so much!
Oh yes, I could never leave cake in a dome where my children could actually see it...are you kidding me? Lucas is all about trying to get cookies or candy or anything that is on the counter without me seeing it.
First of all, what is it with boys who don't want to dress themselves? Seriously? BUt, it is OH TOO FUNNY about the backwards pant thing b/c that just happened to us tonight...except Tim actually put the pants on Lucas so it was even funnier!! HA!
(steph) i love the facial expression in the second picture! it's like you can see the sugar start to take over!
Post a Comment