Creating slideshows set to music has become a real hobby of mine and I thought I would throw Rhett off gaurd and make a video for him for Father's Day. For those of you who read my "Confessions of a Sport's Fans Wife" blog, take note that I actually found a picture of those infamous Jazz tickets I got for my birthday (in lieu of what I thought was going to be a marriage proposal) and of watching Sportscenter before going out on a date.
When you get married you can't really invision to the fullest extent how important it will be for the person you love to be a good parent. Looking through some of these old pictures for this project, I just couldn't get over how young we are when we make this choice. If our 30 something year old selves hopped in a time machine to go visit our 20ish selves we would probably tell our younger versions that they were naive and way too young with no clue. Conversely, I think our 20 year old selves would tell us we were old and had lost our sense of adventure and fun. That it was us against the world and so bring it on! I consider myself in a very lucky and blessed place. Not only have we weathered trials and stress, but we have warmed in the light of many blessings. Although on the record Rhett is a really cool, laid back guys guy, off the record he is a big old softy with an amazing heart and wants to see his family succeed at all costs to himself (Plus he's really cute and does laundry and cooks to boot!!) I know it's early, but since I finished it last night I wanted to share. Happy (early) Father's Day.
10 comments:
Awww, that is just so sweet! It made me tear up. What a loving, thoughtful gift. I love it! I'm sure Rhett will/did too!
That was great. You're coming to the reunion this year, right? It'll be great to see you again. Its been awhile! I see all your kids looking so big - when we were at your parents' place, Hannah was a toddler that liked to "pet" the kitties and was always getting scratched... That was 6 years ago!
Oh, wow, Melanie! I loved that! I'm crying! That is so sweet!!
So cute!! I would love to learn how to make such amazing montages like that!!
Go on with your talented self. I'm with Julie, all I can do is upload videos.
Mel, this was incredible, he's going to absolutely love it!! how cute are all the kids and their baby pictures. . .now the rest of us have a really high standard for father's day. . .thanks. . .:)
That is absolutely beautiful! You must teach me how to do that someday.
Very good idea! Way to go Melanie, now what are we all supposed to do for our husbands for father's day??!!!
Rhett looked so YOUNG when ya'll got married, but I look back at Kenny and he did too! And I loved the picture at the end of Hannah in her cowgirl attire...she really is beautiful!!
Very nice. You have a true talent.
Mel, Oh my gosh, I am sitting here crying! What a sweet gift! I feel inspired by you! What a wonderful family you have and a great hubby! Love it! :)
Post a Comment