All those hopelessly addicted to home improvement shows please take one giant step forward. I am here to take ownership of my problem. It started years ago with Trading Spaces on TLC and as my need for more shows increased, I took on
HGTV and
DIY network. I don't know why it gives me so much enjoyment to watch others improve their homes, but alas i cannot look away. I always watch thinking I will go and do what I learn, but I have found that I am content to watch others improve
their lives time and time again. I realized I had a bit of an addiction to
HGTV while I was pregnant and it became an even bigger obsession during the writer's strike. With no regular shows what's a girl to do? I had to replace characters like Matthew Fox and Steve Carell with Clive
Pearse from Designed to Sell and Jason Cameron from Desperate Landscapes. And dare I say it seemed just as exciting?? And don't even get me started on House Hunters and Hidden Potential. ("Pick house number 2 ya dummies!" I would yell at the TV) Although I am not living the dream because I don't have a camera crew and say Candice Olsen from Divine Design in my house, (sigh)I will have to settle for some before and after shots of some recent home improvements.
Half Bath Before..

After..

Paint treatment
up close
I violated
HGTV 101 by failing to get a before picture of these picture moldings
but it just happened so fast and i forgot. (Shocking). So just use your imagination
and picture the things that are painted,
not painted and that's the before. It really warms up the entry, plus, is a way to have it look nicer than the kids
hand prints up the wall, as a bonus.

14 comments:
I love it all! It looks so great! I can't wait to see it in person! I love HGTV too! Before DVR came into my life, it was the only TV I watched! Great shows!
Well, I am seriously impressed! I need to make some of those improvements around here!
Great Makeovers!! Very impressed...A+ in my book!! You must have really watched alot of shows. I don't have cable out here in the middle of no where but whenever I am at my in-laws I try to get as many home improvement shows in as I can! I would be as addicted as you!
One show that always amazes me is Designed to Sell. They always come in and for small amounts of money they make some quick changes and a boring house becomes a show house. I often wonder if the owners secretly wish they weren't selling their house once the improvements are made. Once I saw them cut out pieces of wrapping paper, put them in frames and hang them on the wall and they looked great. What?! Even I can do that!!
Can I get you to come over here and hide all my hand prints??
Did you paint that yourself?
Looks great!
Wow! It turned out so FAB!!! I can not believe the difference. LOVE IT!!! And I am here to confess my addictions as well. I don't know what it is about all those shows but I am HOOKED!
jen, i felt this time around that i had paid my do-it-yourself dues and hired out. something i also learned from all my shows...things go better when the pro's do it!
Wow your house looks amazingly gorgeous!! I'm addiacted to all the decorating (and cooking) shows too and Brian just laughs at me asking when I'm going to use the info for myself that I'm learning by watching the shows.
I love it!!! Great color too...looks like leather.
Did you have Nancy do it?
Looks fantastic! Is that bathroom redo #5?? Can't wait to come over and see it in person. It looks really great! Now you'll never move out of that house and closer to me.
no, i tried to get nancy but i guess she was tied up. used whitman interiors.
These turned out incredible!! Can't wait to do stuff to our own house. . .it just feels like you put your heart and soul, not to mention your blood, sweat, and tears into it! LOVE IT!!
WOW!! I love it all! I am so a HGTV junkie, I tivo them religiously!! :o) I always forget to take before pictures too, so I'll forgive you for not posting them!
Looks awesome, Mel!! You are such a great blogger!
Very nice. I seem to remember that bathroom being red the last time I saw it. That must have been before the blue? I'm itching for our own place that we can work on one day.
Post a Comment