So the time has come for my first rant, here on my blog...it's been quite a crazy evening. All day long as i was running errands with kids in tow, (we all know how pleasant that is) i kept positive because i knew i was going to get an hour to myself tonight at the gym, and it was American Idol and Biggest Loser Finale (so excited!). So, naturally an hour before my class, the whole system is breaking down. I have taken Hannah to her dance/theater class thinking that Rhett will pick her up and i can head to the gym. Hannah then informs me that she really wants to go to the kid's room at the gym and is even willing to leave early from dance to go. So instead of dropping her off, going home and getting ready, i get everyone ready ahead of time, drop Hannah off, wait in the car with a book for about, oh, 12 seconds. That's about how long it took for Drew to start screaming his head off for no apparent reason. I spend 40 minutes driving on and off the freeway to help keep him happy, make a mad dash for last minute chicken nuggets for Jackson who all the sudden is "Staaaarving." I grab Hannah, make it to the gym with seconds to spare before my class, toss the kids into the kid's room and head off upstairs. No more than 30 minutes into my workout, a worker from the kid's room comes to get me. One of my kid's has wet their pants. I calculate how long it will take me to bolt down, change Drew's diaper and get back when i hear her say one word that informs me that my workout for the evening is done: "Jackson." yes, my four year old who has not had an accident in public since he was 2 has wet his pants and we must leave the class i had been looking forward to all day, the class i pay extra for, the class i endured screaming baby and drove 15 mintues to get there. But clearly you can see that i'm over it now and not at all bitter.
So now i'm home, making dinner, and i hit the button on my answering machine. The last message was Jackson picking up the phone right as the machine went on so his conversation got recorded. I so wish i could download what i heard but you will have to settle for my transcript.
Jackson: "Hello? Hello? Is anybody there?"
Telemarketer: " Yes, who am i speaking to?"
Jackson: "This is Jackson, what's your name?"
Telemarketer: "Hi Jackson, this is DeShawna."
Jackson: "Oh, ok, hi! Whacha doin?"
DeShawna: "Nothing, what are you doing?"
Jackson: "Talking on the phone."
DeShawna: "Oh i see, is your daddy there?"
Jackson: "No, my daddy is at work."
DeShawna: "Oh he's at work? Well, is your mommy there?"
Jackson:" Yes, but my mommy is sleeping."
(SIDE NOTE: technically i was resting my eyes, but, clearly out of it enough that i had no idea this conversation was taking place.)
DeShawna: "Oh she's sleeping? OK, well, i'll call back later then."
Jackson:" No, wait, wait, wait!"
DeShawna: "Yes?"
Jackson: "um, well, do you have a baby?"
(SIDE NOTE: jackson has been obsessed with babies the last few weeks. Latley he's been informing me that when I was a baby, I was in his tummy.)
DeShawna: "Yes, i have a baby."
Jackson: "What's your baby's name?"
DeShawna: "Jeremey."
Jackson: "Oh, Germy, oh ok. i have a baby too. His name is Drew."
DeShawna: "Oh, well aren't those handsome names, Jackson and Drew."
Jackson: "Well, so, do you want to come over to our house? You can come over."
DeShawna: "You want me to come over? well, not right now."
(Baby crying in the background)
DeShawna: "It sounds like your baby brother is crying. do want to go give him a bottle or something?"
(SIDE NOTE: clearly we understand now that she believes that there is no competent parent around to tend to the baby and is instructing the 4 year old as the only one left to help the crying infant)
Jackson: "Yes, that's my baby, i have to go. Bye!"
a series of buttons being pushed..end call.
I guess the lesson at the end of the day: be they tears of frustration or tears of laughter, your kids can always make you cry. Hope your day was full of happy tears!
11 comments:
That is way to funny on both parts. I totally hear you on the kids melt down, when it rains it pours!! That phone call is way too funny, you should just let him answer the phone to ALL unknown numbers. What a character!!
Jackson...what a funny kid! Hey, at least you made it to the gym! I don't even try it with all my kids. I have to go at 6am!
Oh, how I loved this! This is just completely how it is sometimes, isn't it? I have had numerous days where the enticement of peace at the end is what gets me through...and then it all bottoms out!
The phone call was hilarious! Aren't you glad it got recorded?
I'm laughing so loud and I have so many tears in my eyes I can not type!!! Thank you, thank you for that blog entry. First story: funny cuz it wasn't me. Second story: totally still laughing!!! You're the best!
lovin' the new background! seriously, no matter how frustrating your own kids are sometimes, they always add entertainment for your friends lives! Thanks!
I am so excited to hear from you. When did you have your last baby? The last I knew you still just had the two. Please send me your email.
Love ya, Kathryn
Thank you for the wonderful laugh! I love Jacksons phone conversation and I can just picture him doing it! So funny! I feel your pain with the kids and running all over it is so crazy! I give you props for giving the extra effort so that Hannah could go to the gym with you, isn't it crazy what we do to make our kids happy. :)
Oh my goodness! That was so funny! Jackson is such a hoot! I love that kid! Please tell me you saved that one!
I'm sorry you didn't get your full workout in, that's so frustrating! Although, it sounds like you got one of those "running-errands-with-kids-in-tow" kind of workouts! That's definitely good for something! :)
Thanks for the great stories!
Ok, totally can agree with you on the top line...why is it we never get 5 seconds to ourselves? and then when we are looking forward to the 5 minutes we do have it turns into two. so sad.
BUT the phonecall is freakin halarious!! I totally wonder what that girl was thinking!
This blog entry has officially made it to my list of top 5 funniest blogs. I feel guilty saying that because it is funny at your expense. haha Love it!!!
Post a Comment