What started off as innocently just passing out zoo tickets to the kids, ended up in a relentless, all day pursuit for Jackson. Each ticket had a picture of an animal on it: tiger, zebra, monkey what have you. Jackson's had a penguin on it and his four year old brain somehow processed that to mean he had a VIP backstage pass to see the penguins. Not even joking one bit. For the next two hours Jackson had a death grip on his ticket, and drove us all a little batty with what I give you as: Jackson and The Search for the Penguins.
Jackson:"Whoo-hoo! I'm gonna see the penguins, oh yeah the penguins..."
Jackson: "Really? Cuz I'll tell you what they're not. Penguins."
Daniel: "Hey bud, we've been walking awhile and my shoulders are kinda tired. Maybe you could wal--"
Jackson:"Silence fool. Talk less and walk more. Maybe then we'd be at the penguins by now."
Jackson: "All I'm saying is that I have this penguin ticket see, and I just don't understand why we're not there. I mean, they're probably wondering where I am, right?"
Jackson:"Penguins...please...somebody...are-we-there..."
Michael: "Uh...yeah, I was reassigned Jackson as a buddy and it appears he would like to see the penguins or something?"
Jackson:"Behold Penguins! It is I, Jackson! And I brought the special ticket you reserved for me. I would have been here faster, but my family--honestly--slowest people you ever met."
Must..refrain..from..typing....insults...must--not---mock. So...Very...Hard.
Tickets to the Penguins AND the gun show. What a day.
Buddy Check!! Jamie and Eden
I have found a fantastic way to go places with young children. During naptime. So exhausted they sit in their stroller and barely make a peep. Write it down people. It's gold.
Sisters 1.o is pretty sweet and all....
But if I were you I'd upgrade to sisters 2.o, you'll find them even sweeter.
"Friends" Taylor and Eric had a fun time at the zoo as well. (And yes, we spent the whole two weeks putting air quotes around the word "friends" when referring to Taylor:) Taylor was one of my Mia Maids and is now in her first year of college. That makes me feel a little old...
Can't remember what was down there, but from the looks of it, it was way cool.
Okay, we always know Daniel has visited when my kids come home saying weird phrases and doing odd things. Dan learned some dance on his mission called, "getting hifee." Yeah, I don't know. But he taught it to Jackson who does it while singing new lyrics to the tune of Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back. It was a hot day and so it made sense to take a getting hifee break. I'm thinking Anderson Untalent show '10. Mark them down.
If you are at all curious about the absence of Justin and Hannah in the zoo pictures, they were acting naughty so we fed them to the hippos. Okay, kidding. They both had a basketball game. See side quote from Hannah.
Britta. A girl after my own heart. I would still do this if it was still as cute for me as it is for her.
We took advantage of the random mild days and took the kids to a great park by our house.
I would label this Drew opening a present, but that would be misleading. In actuality this is Drew once again not getting it. Here, he is trying to get down while I open the present and try to explain that it is for him and that he should be excited.
Oh Ben. Thouest makes the most awesomest truffle in all the land. And it came to pass that we did call the land Truffle. And it also came to pass that we ate much. Until our stomachs did ache. And we did have joy and happiness all the night long.
This picture actually illustrates two lessons. Don't threaten your older sister that for the sibling gift exchange you are going to get her cheese puffs, because she will exact vengeance. And second, don't shop late at night at Target for a gag gift. Adult footie pajamas may end up only being funny to you. They even glow in the dark. (Hehe, chuckle, chuckle, snort.)
He was relieved to get his real present, the ever sentimental, Itunes gift card.
Jamie thinking quick on her feet, to help keep Drew contained and happy.
I mean, do they get much cuter than this? Ellie "The Bean" Anderson.
This picture cracks me up because it doesn't tell the whole story. We would have Family Home Evening all together each Monday night. When you have that many people sitting in a circle singing songs, and you are little enough to be the only one wandering around in that circle, you might reasonably believe, as Drew did, that everyone is singing to you.
The felons left to right. Eric Daniel Will and Michael
What can I say, the kids love me. (Technically yes, that is Michael forcing Jackson to stay but I swear the rest all gathered there by choice.)
The kids decorated Grandma Anderson's Christmas tree, but no one was as dedicated to one branch as Avery. She knew from the moment she saw it that it was perfect and also load bearing.
The picture doesn't do this any justice. She seriously had upwards of 10 candy canes and like 8 ornaments on there. Incredible.
Quick! Someone name something Uncle Daniel is really good for....
Steph and I always forget that Jackson and Britta are only 2 months apart. I think we can clearly see in this picture, the extra two months maturity Britta has on him.
Awwww....Hannah and Eden.
Then they grow up and pose like this for the camera.
I am sure there is a video game story of some sort going on here.
Ellie Bean meet Weston, Weston, The Bean....
I think Stephanie and I have a picture like this of all our kids. (Fill in the blank child)...with Pugga who is sleeping. Classic. Baby Weston seems to think Pugga has the right idea though.
Caroline was only a couple of years older than Hannah is now when we moved to Texas and now she is strutting around BYU as a college Freshman. Where does the time go??
Four out of four uncles recommend Justin as a nephew. Two thumbs way up!
It wouldn't be a family get together if we didn't attempt a large and highly unorganized family picture.






You have boys, you have a tree. Somehow that equals boys must climb tree.

Old school...


15 comments:
Love the family pictures. I love family reunions.
ok- but let me tell you about Jackson, INSIDE with the penguins. He put his VIP ticket up to the glass, so that they could see it (what he thought that would buy him, I don't know-maybe a swim with the penguins?) and every time they would swim by he would say, "why aren't they looking at it?' So, finally, we just started to randomly point at penguins who were anywhere near his ticket and say,"that one saw it", etc. It seemed to make him happy and then he was ready to go. Such a cute guy!
Aww how fun! I can't wait till we are all together again.
this looked like such a blast! Now I can see why you were AWOL for those 2 weeks!
The family pics look great! & oh what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during your gettogethers!
I think I've read this about 5 times. What a fun Christmas we had! Can't wait to see everyone again!!
...and how can you NOT see that you and Britta look like each other. Check out the sisters pictures.
I've always thought me and Britta looked similar. that wasn't me who disagreed with you. i'm the obedient and agreeable child:)
lol- How could I forget?? My bad.:-)
LOVE the family group pictures at the end... hope there will be some printings in 8X10 of them for your homes! Precious!!
I love the pictures!! That looks like a ton of fun, I can only imagine the chaos!
Finally a Christmas post!! Bout time Sister! Darling Family picts.
Picts is a new hip word taught to me by my colloge daughter! :)
What amazing feelings your pictures produce, everybody looks like they had so much fun. Kathryn and I are hoping to see all of you again one day soon. Thanks for sharing those memories with us!
Wow, where do I start??? Okay, Jack Attack TOTALLY loved his penguin ticket and was all about trying to show the penguins! I thot that was SO adorable. I was wondering where J & H were in the zoo pictures. Your family is wonderful, your pictures are awesome, Daniel is a hoot as usual, Stephanie's girls are darling, and I bet you still put olives on your fingers!! Don't lie!
Fun photos, I love how everything was captured so well. Those family pics are great, but the tree pic and the bottom pic are my absolute favorite!!!!
I had a wonderful time! Finally, a vacation in Texas that I'm not missing a part of! It was great to see EVERYONE at the same time.
I am happy to reproduce the trifle (or a variation with any combination of requested flavors) whenever I am next in town. To borrow a phrase from Steph, we should have "copious amounts" of trifle at all our gatherings.
It's just now setting in that it's going to be more than just three or four months before we are back in Texas. ... NOOOO!!!!!! We had a great time! Thanks for capturing so many fun moments and sharing them with us!
Post a Comment