Thursday, September 25, 2008

In The Huddle

You might assume that having 4 brothers would have fully prepared me for raising sons. While it's true that I am more alert to rough housing, video game induced rages, practical jokes, teasing their sister while looking completely innocent, and the ever popular convincing of younger siblings to eat bugs or something, boys and what makes them up never ceases to still surprise me. As the only females in the house, Hannah and I watch their antics with a morbid fascination!
Drew:
Has lately discovered gravity and is obsessed with it. Whatever he drops, wherever he drops something, it falls to the ground. Over and over he has tested it out and gets excited like it's the first time. He has also discovered that mom will absently pick up the same dropped object an average of 10.5 times. Gravity. It's fun for everybody.


Yes, this is Justin's arm full of football inflicted bruises, and yes that would be him smiling and proudly showing them off.



The "Broncos" had a scrimmage last week and I'm still not sure who I think enjoyed themselves more. Justin or Rhett. On the sidelines I noticed that whenever a boy would come out, the father who belonged to that boy would be in a half squat position, gesturing wildly with his hands and giving advice. At one point I sincerely witnessed 4 dad's in such a state at the same time. I inwardly chuckled at the fact that it must be every boy's dream at some point in their life to be the star quarterback in the NFL. The dream comes bubbling to the surface when they see their boys play and start to live vicariously. Suddenly you can't tell the 40year olds from the 10 year olds.

I don't know if there are any words really for Jackson's latest antics except that he comes by it honestly.


And there will be one girl to rule them all...

13 comments:

stina said...

Wow! Jackson has some great moves! Love it!

Amy C said...

Yep, I gotta good hardy laugh from Jax! I LUV Justin's smiley face - and Hello that's a darling pic of Drew!

Unknown said...

you really have cute kids!

Unknown said...

Oh I have to agree...boys are just a different breed all together. Probably the reason that I can't figure out my husband either. Girls rule!!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

And hannah definitely is the soft-handed ruler!

That's it...next playdate: DANCE PARTY!!

Melanie said...

look at you encouraging the madness!! lol!

Jamie Anderson said...

AWW I love these kids! I can't wait to see them again. I am so excited for Ellie to meet them. And her aunt Melanie of course!

Grammy Dawn said...

Justin I am so proud of your bruise....Drews face is priceless....Jackson dances like his Grammy.....and Hannah remember that you will always rule because girls rule!!!

Melanie said...

the kids love your comment! so good to hear from you on the blog! we all miss you and everybody very much:)

Anonymous said...

You better watch out, you are going have Child Protective services on you for those bruises. Love the dance moves by the way. :-)

Melanie said...

lol, too true! those and the "monkey gate"!
I'm also thinking we have an entry for the untalent show with jackson...

Anonymous said...

Untalented, I hope he doesn't read these. Between the bruises, insults and Brickman's clever "rodeo" term, you might want to consider making your blog private. :-)

Melanie said...

lol, i didn't realize how much it was all adding up!!