Monday, July 28, 2008

Faux Forks, WA

Okay Twilight Fans, so I was in Washington this week and upon hearing that we would be within 6 hours of Forks (the setting for the Twilight series for all those who have not read, although it boggles the mind) my sisters and I thought this would be a totally reasonable trip to accomplish while there. Who wouldn't want to take 12 hours to go and stand in the place that Bella and Edward fictionaly stood?? Okay so it didn't happen, BUT, we were in a beautiful location in Washington and I snapped a few pictures on some of our hikes of things that reminded me of the books. Book four comes out this Saturday and I WILL be at the midnight release at B&N. So, the mania is just starting.




5 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

is that the guy who was cedric in potter 4? I think it is. well I'm almost done with eclipse.... don't make fun of me. The only reason I am not finished yet is because I had a baby! ha ha... The new book comes out Sat right. That's mine and Will's anniversary!!

Melanie said...

yes, it's cedric. not who i picture in my head at all. really the majority of the movie casting was kind of a disappointment. but so glad to hear you are still reading. just in time for book 4 this saturday! oh yes, and happy anniversary!

Xela said...

Oh that looks just like Forks in my mind! I CAN'T wait until Friday! It will be so great to get the last book!

stina said...

Yesterday a spoiler was released by Meyer herself.


Someone to appreciate the mania!! Yay!

Melanie said...

that spoiler makes me SO happy!! You have to read the book right away so we can talk about it!