Monday, July 28, 2008

Adventures in Flying


There are only two ways from Seattle to Whidbey Island. One is a shuttle that makes it's way over by way of ferry. The other is Kenmore Air. A small airplane that is very scenic and lovely, but what I also was afraid was going to be completely terrifying. It ended up being both, but only the later in small spurts. I felt like the movie, What about Bob... I'm gripping my luggage and making "baby steps" to the small airplane, "baby steps" on board...A lady passenger and myself made some passing joke about not crashing and the pilot did not seem amused. It really was breathtaking and I'm so glad I got to do it.





I did feel the need at the time to document the fact that our pilot at one point was steering with one hand and filling out paperwork with the other. It seemed reassuring somehow to have the evidence if indeed we did plummet to our demise.

In the end, it was all good:)

4 comments:

the letter "J" said...

Way FUN!! you are so brave and adventurous!!

Xela said...

Not sure I am that brave! I think leaving the kids at home was a VERY good idea!

Amy C said...

I can't believe the picture of your pilot - holy cow!!

Unknown said...

Looks like your trip was amazing! I really need to call and catch up sometime soon. I will try soon!