Okay, I kid you not...today I'm doing laundry, cleaning my oven, have had some of my kid's friends over, everyone has been feed...feeling very domestic and having a good mom day. Pride cometh before the fall. I noticed earlier that Jackson had hung a game controler cord off the balcony. Didn't think much of it. A little later he comes into the kitchen and grabs the stool from the pantry. Lightbulb goes off over my head. I've found it's never good when kids are trying to go
up. I ask him what he's doing. He says, "I'm going to climb down my vine." Upon further probing I find out his master plan was to climb down his controler cord from the balcony. I say, "Jackson, no way, that is so dangerous." Jackson: "Why?" Me: "Because you could fall and get really really hurt."
Jackson: "Well, help me make a parachute then."
12 comments:
My goodness, he is related to his UNCLES! who thank heaven were not at your house, otherwise they would have helped him make a parachute!-I am not convinced your dad wouldn't have helped him either!!
Let me just go on record that my kid would have had nothing to do with that (please let it be true, please let it be true!) Ok, I'm coming clean, it was probably Aiden's idea and I'm glad we separated them today when we did. . .note to self, Jackson is getting his own stunt gear from us for his birthday!. . .your welcome. . .
HA! Aiden is in the clear, happened after he left! but the stunt gear would be greatly appreciated!
LOL! ... Still Laughing... Holy Cow Lanie, you are in SO much trouble! Is there a crazier child??
Wow, sounds like him and Lucas could get into ALOT of trouble. I have basically learned that he cannot be left alone for more than 4.25 minutes and if those minutes are quiet you are coming back to trouble. Sounds like we are in the same boat. LOVE it! Good job on cleaning...did I inspire you? lol!
I so LOVE Jackson! He is just so funny! Well, did you make him a parachute Mom? ;)
I'm glad you discovered it before he actually tried it out. Can you imagine?
Julia likes to make a little rope & basket pulley system so that she and Lili can pass stuff animals up and down. They sure know how to have fun!
(Will)
Funny story. How did you find the perfect Calvin and Hobbes comic? Jackson is so rad. He is the only 4 year old i have ever been frightened of.
well you should be frightened, he has a scary gene combination of all his uncles! i get the strips by googleing. google is my friend.
I agree w/ Meli-Moose still can't figure out why I wont let him jump off our balcony on the 2nd floor. When I say 'no' he looks at me and says, "I'd put down a mattress" as if I should ever doubt that he'd have a plan! I could give an example of that kind about each of my sons, and if the truth be known, a few of my daughters!:-)
(steph) Oh Mel...oh dear...what else can be said? I laughed so hard, and as soon as ben walked in the door i started telling him the story! I'm starting to feel very afraid about having a boy...
What?! Alan hasn't posted yet with his own similar story from his youth? Make sure you ask him about it sometime...
I seriously wonder how most boys survive to adulthood.
I know! what is it with boys and this stuff?? I will have to ask Alan, maybe he has some good advice for me!
Post a Comment