Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm slow on the uptake, but I'm learning.


Let me see if I have this straight. Romney says that there are a certain percentage of people who don’t pay federal taxes and so he feels his campaign of lowering federal taxes is not going to appeal to them.  
The percentage of Americans who will never make an effort to get off government assistance probably will also never see the appeal for lower taxes. 
Therefore:  Romney hates lower income people and the needy. In fact he wants them to die. 

I enjoy the hypocrisy (and by enjoy I do mean disdain) in our country, that hard truths can be said and accepted about "the wealthy" in our country without a bat of the eye, but state any hard truths about the needy or poor and suddenly you are a calloused hater of people and would rather spit on them then look at them twice.

Let’s see if this logic can be applied to my every day life. 

What if I wasn’t invited to a meeting at my child’s school that dealt with kids who needed transportation to an after school day care program? My kids do not attend an after school program. A conversation with the principal ensues. 

“Ma’am, the meeting is addressing the needs and concerns of those children attending an after school program. Your child does not attend such a program, so you were not included in the email.”

“I know! And I find it ridiculous that you seem to want to alienate stay at home moms. If there is a meeting, I want to be involved.”

“But it doesn’t concern or affect you right now so I just thought—“

“Don’t tell me what does or does not concern me! You are purposely signaling me out as someone who doesn’t need after school transport.”

“But you don’t…”

“Unbelievable.  How do you sleep at night? You hate carpool parents.”

Am I playing the game right? 

If we are going to start judging politicians on who they like and don’t like with this new set of criteria, I wonder….

From the campaign trail to now Obama has repeatedly out and out lied about his health care program, that he would cut taxes and not raise them, single handedly increased the national debt higher than all other presidents combined, weakened relations internationally with our allies, nixed the Alaskan pipe line project that would have created hundreds if not thousands of American jobs, and has done little to nothing that he promised would be done by now.

I wonder. Who do you think this means HE hates?





No comments: