-I have two blogs. Not sure what genius thought that a daily story blog would be manageable. Oh. Wait. Right....
-End of the school year MADNESS. Jerry Seinfeld would joke that if aliens looked down at our planet they would assume the animals were in charge since we were the ones walking around picking up their poop. I think the aliens could also make the assumption that the children were in charge if they looked down their giant alien telescope between April and May. I mean seriously people. Just how many "end-of-the-year" parties do we need? Maybe it is a Texas thing, but if I have one more "this is it, this is the last sugar and gift injected celebration before we don't see each other for two and a half months" party, I'm gonna lose my cotton pickin' mind.
-My next excuse I have to phrase carefully since my children do read my blog. So, I have this friend, (wink, wink) and she has a son in football. She was telling me that between the two practices a week (for two hours each time) and games on Saturday for weeks and weeks on end in the heat and humidity, she actually silently cheers for them to lose in the championship games so they can be done with the insanity already. I mean, can you believe that?? Wanting your child to be crushed by the sorrow of defeat just so you wouldn't have to feed, wrangle and manage the incessant cries of children for concession stand food from the bleachers for 2 and a half hours anymore? I mean, what is she thinking right? Personally, I love it.
-I am YW Camp Director and camp is in less than two weeks. If I say more, my carefully constructed facade of being on top of everything; being losing held together by sarcasm and denial, may just crack into a million pieces. There is so much to do in the next nine days. Anyone own a portable fire pit?
-My TV shows are over and I am now trying to pump muscle back into my brain by reading. I've read some good stuff lately...well, like Stephenie Meyer type good. Nothing super strenuous, but page turners none the less. (See my list on the side) Don't want to overtax my brain right out of the gate. It has been 9 months of shows.
-And lastly, I did just run my Half Marathon in California a few weeks ago. You would think that no longer having a time draining running schedule to be a slave to would free up a good chunk of time. As it turns out, six days of being fed and entertained by my cousins who I stayed with while in CA, turned me into quite the Diva. It has taken me awhile to get back into the swing of things. Back at my house, apparently, I am in charge of food and entertainment. Or so they keep telling me.
So stay tuned for details of my race and trip. While I was there I was a picture taking failure, but there is much to report on. As a teaser, here is an amazing shot captured of me learning to surf...picked it up pretty quickly I'd say...
7 comments:
I can't see Dominic Purcell in that one though! Bummer!!
Well my friend you are in good company! I have not blogged in forever. I actually just did a post of my Hawaii trip. That was a month ago, what is wrong with me? I whole heartedly agree with your friend about the football craziness! Funny thing she sounds exactly like me, interesting! ;) So can not wait for school to be over and our fun to begin. Although Jeff might not be to happy about my constant need for a babysitter to do all those fun things,haha! Love ya!
You're so funny! I love your HOT picture!
I have a portable fire pit! Just come pick it up any time...
I've been neglecting my blog, too. In fact, I posted today, but it doesn't actually count because it was someone else's video with two sentences of commentary by me. Oh, well!
I'm with you on the football thing. Next fall we are up to 3 practices a week 2 + hours each. I am trying to get out of it! Help!
If only Jen! If only!!
not into football yet...and honestly haven't pushed any sports. am i a bad mom? he is only 4, but should probably be doing t-ball or something right?
miss your blogs, i am getting bad too, but i guess one a week is better than none. i do SEVERELY miss your comments though!!!
Post a Comment