
UGGGG!
I suppose it's time to fess up where I'm at with the whole 50,000 words by the end of November thing. Especially since I've exhausted everything I could think of to put off reporting in. Reorganized my pantry, searched the house and found a match for every sock, cleaned out the dryer lint trap...everything is done, and my laptop is just sitting here blinking at me...judging me...okay fine! I didn't finish, enough already with the third degree!!
You know, I really blame all of you. Yeah, that's right, it's all your fault. I specifically said to insult and ridicule me.
If you had said things like: "HA! You're such an idiot! There's no way you can pull that off!"
OR
"You'll only be able to do that if you are writing 50,000 words about what a loser you are!"
Instead you wrapped me up in this warm cozy cocoon of love and support. "We love you, you're so awesome, you can do anything, I love your writing, I can't wait to read it, you're going to be famous, we support you..."
What is up with that?!?
I felt all safe and comfortable and it lulled me off into Procrastination Land where everyone puts off making fun of you and thinks you're made of gumdrops and roses, even when you FAIL!
Why couldn't I have jerks for friends and family?? Imagine all the things I would get done then! Some people have all the luck.
I did make some progress. I do have a legit story going on, got about a third of the way to my goal and I think with a little more discouragement, I could get done by end of December. I keep going back and forth between thinking what I have is halfway decent, and complete drivel, but the idea here is just to finish.
Rhett probably thinks his wife is losing her mind. One day it's, "Read this, read this, tell me what you think." (Me over his shoulder watching every facial expression) "You didn't laugh, isn't that funny?! What part are you at now? It's going to get so good, you're gonna freak out!)
A different day...
Rhett: "Can I read what you're working on?"
Me: "No, are you kidding me?? I totally suck!"
Me: "No, are you kidding me?? I totally suck!"
I've even been toying with the idea of starting up a "story blog" and posting a chapter at a time. What do you think? Oh wait, don't tell me. You think it's a fantastic idea and will support me in whatever I do. That's just great.
P.S. You know I'm totally kidding and I think you are all wonderful and amazing right?! This is me just working through my failure, oh geez, LOVE ME!
11 comments:
Oh, listen to you with all your big ideas and hopes & dreams...blah, blah, blah...oh, and the accomplishments!!!
Does this help? I am delighted by your failure and am gleefully dancing at your failure! You have made me a better person...at last, I am not the only procrastinator.
Do you want me to tell you that your story sucks & you'll never finish? Just trying to motivate you..but please, don't work too hard...you'll make me look bad again.
Dang it!
I have to say it...you ARE a good writer...witty and all of it!
Go rock it girl!
I won't even pretend to be nice about it...I have been waiting in anticipation over here to help proofread...I've not bugged you for playdates/shopping sprees/or weekend trips to the big apple, just so you could finish this thing...I guess I will just HAVE to go on with Jamie & Clare during the time I had set aside for the Melanie Taylor novel...
now THAT's more like it ladies! (but don't forget the disclaimer to still love me...)
I knew there was a reason I loved ya. Writing is the hardest thing to force yourself to do even though, it makes you feel so good when you finish. School is the whip that has cracked me into gear. Maybe you need a cranky old professor to hound you for your story.
you mean, we could have been discussing mutual writing angst this whole time?? we need a lunch!
GuGarden is hitting at an interesting point. Melanie, have you thought of taking a class to force your efforts?
Well, no, because that would be adult like and sensible. But I'm thinking you are onto something. Nothing strikes fear into me like school. hmmm...must ponder..
Wow. I just have to say that you suck big time. I never thought I would be friends with such a loser who can't even write 50000 words...oh wait is it too late for this?
Well, this story blog idea will never work. It sucks and I would never read it and would definitely never tell any of my friends to subscribe to it b/c you are the worst writer I know.
How's that? Too harsh?
Perfection...:)
I don't care for gumdrops or promises not kept...where are the 50,000 words???!!!!
PS: What's the Story Blog Address? Fantastic Idea!
Post a Comment