Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Crawling...Sort of...well, not really


This picture took a few tries to get. Drew has been trying to conquer crawling in the same way he does most things. very enthusiastically. he'll get up on his hands and knees so he thinks he's gonna go places but in the end just falls and starts flapping his arms and kicking his legs and laughing (a little manically) like "i've done it! i've done it, i'm crawling!!" well, you hate to break it to him that he's not. he looks like a breaststroke swimmer caught in a net. Once he's tired (from all the flapping and kicking) he rests on his hands, smiles and looks around to see how far he got that time!


This is proof, if to no one else but my cell phone company, that it was infact NOT ME who downloaded 26 games to my phone. It's as if this generation of kids came hardwired with the knowledge of all things computer. I thought he was so cute when he wanted to play "the building game" (TETRIS) on my phone. Life lesson. Kids can figure out how to download. 26 games later (including Dancing with the Stars, Guitar Hero and Army of Brothers) my wireless company has little sympathy for my negligence. I was probably busy blogging.

11 comments:

kristi said...

That is so funny about Jackson doing the downloads!! I know....my kids know more about my phone and computer than I do!!

Sharlene Enloe said...

I have to get my kids to show me how to do things. It is scary. He is so cute by the way

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

Xela said...

Look out once Drew starts crawling it is all over!

the letter "J" said...

Hey Melanie!

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I found your site via Ben and Steph's. I can't believe how your kids have grown. It has been FOREVER since we have seen you all. We love you and hope all is going well for your cute family, you definitly have your hands full!!

Love ya,
your cousin Julie

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

that still kills me that he downloaded all those! Good news, is at least I will be entertained anytime your phone is around! Dancing with the stars, guitar hero. . .love it!

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

wow, 26...i can just imagine the customer service rep's expression when you're trying to explain it was your 4 yr. old and not you.

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

you need to pull a carrot and turtle trick-you know where there's a carrot that hangs down infront of the turtle that he keeps moving towards, but it's attached to him so...you get the point. just replace carrot with bottle...

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

this is steph, by the way, not ben. sorry, i didn't realize he was logged in when i started typing.

Lauren said...

Hey, it sounds like you'll have a little swimmer on your hands! I love it! So cute! And, I love that Jackson downloaded the games. What a whiz-kid! Too cute!

Unknown said...

Drew is adorable! And the whole downloaded game thing is halarious! Just too funny!